At any moment, urgent matters may arise. Immediate action is required. It can throw you into emotional turmoil. You may feel like life is spinning out of control. Or…
You can put your own spin on it. Choose to transform urgent matters into living life with urgency. Allow those challenges to awaken a new way and a new you.
Imagine what it looks like beyond what’s happening now. See yourself conquering every challenge. What does it feel like to get to the other side and find a way to achieve your goals and dreams?
Sometimes stress and change can knock you down, but don’t let it knock you out. Like Les Brown says, “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up.”
Your situation may seem impossible, but God has a comeback for every setback and a new beginning for every ending. –Oola
Do you feel like you’re in too deep? Overwhelm and procrastination can keep you stuck and scattered. I know saying goodbye makes me cry. There is loss but you can turn it into a gain and treasure the moments you shared with people and places. You may feel lost while you watch others succeed. You are happy for them. For you, maybe you see no way out. What’s happening in your life that feels heavy and looks impossible to handle?
Here, with me, you won’t get beaten down. This is a safe place. Has anyone ever said to you: “You’re not special,” Or “It could be worse,” Or “You’re not tough enough,” or “You can’t do that;” Really? I don’t know about you, but those words tend to be critical and discouraging not understanding and encouraging.
Let me encourage you and help you get back up with these 6 solutions:
- U = UNDERSTAND. Understand there are unprecedented times and that whatever has happened may be new to you; you’ve never experienced it before. It’s a big adjustment. You don’t have to conform but instead transform. Disregard people who compare or make it seem insignificant. It’s significant to you. As I write this, we are living in unprecedented times. Then when you add your personal circumstances it compounds. Breathe. First, just breathe. Be present in the moment. You don’t have to figure it all out right now. If one day at a time seems too much, break it down to one minute at a time. Everyone has a different pace. Honor your own pace and don’t feel pressured by anyone else. Know that you are greater than your circumstances.
- R = REST & REFLECT. Break. Take a break. Did you think I meant breakdown? That’s okay too. Shedding tears is cleansing. It’s healthy. Keeping everything inside can be toxic. Handling urgent matters may mean letting go and taking a break from other things for now, even a job. Ask yourself, “What’s most important right now?” Will you wish you worked more when you look back? Not likely. Take time to take care of you. There may be more going on than just emotions. Maybe you need to take a nap, soak in the tub, and eat good food to refuel and refresh.
- G = GIFTS. Believe. Accept the change and believe it will be okay. Get a new perspective and see the gifts this urgent matter brings. You may experience a wave of emotions and face challenges. Ride the wave. It’s okay. God promises to work everything together for good. Be grateful for the gifts.
- E = EVALUATE. Assess the situation. Explore new possibilities. What can you do to move forward? Where do you want to be? What do you want to be doing? Who do you want to do it with? Picture it in your mind. You don’t have to let any situation “infect” you and keep you feeling stuck, sad, and hopeless. Allow this new thing to “affect” you and transform you into having a better life. You get to choose. Are you living for other people and not living the life you were born to live? You were made for more.
- N = NECESSARY. It’s necessary that you work on yourself and develop yourself despite disappointments and setbacks. It’s necessary to surround yourself with quality people who believe in you and lift you higher. Remember, when things go wrong, don’t go with them as Les Brown would say. Not just when things go wrong, but when major change happens give yourself grace to shift into a new gear, adjust your sails, enjoy the new journey.
- T = TRUST. Trust the process. No matter how it looks now, know the best is just ahead. Take a risk. You don’t need to grab the next branch before letting go of the one you’re holding onto now. Don’t let yourself get buried alive. Don’t let your dreams die. Do a new thing that makes your heart sing.
There you go. Implement these 6 steps and live life with urgency. No more procrastination, settling, or giving up on your dream and the life you were born to live. No more putting off the passion that burns inside you. Maybe it’s writing a book, traveling, starting a business, speaking, creating a new invention, or moving to a different area. What is it for you?
I have a better understanding of it’s hard but worth it. You’ll be okay. Get excited and embrace new adventures. We can evaluate together if you like. We are created for a purpose. Let’s explore where you are now and where you want to be so you can get more out of your life.
Text URGENT to this text only number: 844-394-4798.
Peace and Love,
Creator of The LORI Factor, Author, Speaker &
Certified Oola Life Coach