I get it. You are doing everything yourself. You know you’re overwhelmed. You need help, but you may not think anyone else can do it all as good as you can.
You think you have all the control by keeping it all in your hands. You think every detail must be perfect every time.
What result are you getting by doing it all yourself? This is the picture I see. You strive to accomplish all your goals and build your business while you keep working your job, taking care of your home and family and more. It’s all too much. You are burned out and stressed out. You push yourself. You’re not eating right (if at all) and you’re hardly sleeping. You are running on empty.
Your life is so out of balance that all your plates are crashing to the floor. Have you ever seen the circus guy spinning all those plates?
Is that what you want your life to look like? What if I could provide a better way?
Let’s dive deeper into each of the 7 ways to lighten your load.
- Start with your mindset and perceptions.
- Know that perfection is an illusion.
- Holding onto control results in losing control.
- Make a decision.
- Make a list.
- Identify the type of people you need and get referrals.
- Hire a coach and/or a virtual assistant or whomever has the right skillset to fill your needs and lighten your load and bring your life into better balance.
1) Start with your mindset and perceptions.
We are our own worst critic. You recorded a video and end up holding onto to it or deleting it because it’s not “perfect” or whatever you perceive is perfect. Remember, it’s not about you, it’s who needs your help. You are robbing the people you could be helping by not sending that video, not writing that blog or book, not giving that speech, or not sharing your products and services. How do I know? I almost gave up on writing my books and thinking I wasn’t a good enough writer, speaker, coach, and teacher.
I kept going when I saw how my services and content were truly making a difference in many lives, even saving lives. Yours will too.
2) Know that perfection is an illusion.
What is perfection anyway? Most would agree it means without flaws or defects. Life in general has plenty of flaws and defects, especially we humans. It’s those flaws that show our authenticity. It lets people know you’re real and not afraid to take risks and make mistakes. Of course, you do all you can to make it your best. But when you strive for perfection, think about how much more time is being stolen from you. Embrace who you are, flaws and all. See how letting go of the illusion of perfection frees up your time, gives you peace, and brings amazing people into your life.
3) Holding onto control results in losing control.
When we hold onto control, we think we keep the power. Resistance is the enemy within. Resistance has power over us. It rears its ugly head whenever we set out to better ourselves and others. Especially with personal and entrepreneurial endeavors, resistance wants to win so that you don’t. It keeps you distracted. It wants you to give up. When you release control, watch how things will flow. You will breathe easier and feel more relaxed.
4) Make a decision.
You are no longer stuck in the illusion of perfection. Good job! You are releasing and no longer resisting. Excellent! Now it’s time to make a decision and give permission to allow others to help you. You are unique but that doesn’t mean other people can’t do work that will please you. Stay in your lane and let the ones who have the skills you don’t or the skills that are similar and will complement yours come alongside, lighten your load, and produce amazing results.
5) Make a list.
Grab a pen and paper or your computer. Write down all the tasks and projects you are doing now. Include business and personal.
I know a colleague who brought in help to clean her house and care for her children while she worked on her business. That gave her focus and productivity, and she didn’t have to face a sink full of dishes. That’s a win if you ask me.
List what you are getting done and what needs to get done. List what you enjoy doing and what you don’t. Delegate what you don’t enjoy or don’t have the skillset to do. Make a wish list of the whole picture and what it looks like when everything is in place and running smoothly. Do what you do best and delegate the rest. Speakers speak and writers write.
What are the pieces someone else can do for you? Maybe it’s social media posting, blog writing, repurposing videos and audios to use as social media content. You may need email or calendar management or someone to make calls or do bookkeeping for you. What about technical needs, such as website and webinar support? For domestic needs consider a nanny or housekeeper.
6) Identify the type of people you need and get referrals.
You made a decision. You made a list. Look how much progress you made so far. Prioritize your immediate needs. Identify the type of people who can support you. Assistance comes in many forms personally and professionally. Ask around and get referrals.
7) Hire a coach and/or a virtual assistant or whomever has the right skillset to fill your needs and lighten your load and bring your life into better balance.
If you didn’t know what to put on your list, hire a coach to evaluate where you are, where you want to be, and help clarify how to get there. This may sound like it’s costing you more time and money. In the long run, it will save you time and money. Find a way to fund your immediate needs. The tasks you are not getting done, get help or be okay with those not getting done. Your revenue will grow. You will have overflow. Right now, it may seem daunting and overwhelming. There is a better way. One step at a time and readjust as needed.
Now that you know how to be helped, how can I lighten your load? Let’s have a conversation and discover what I can provide or who I can refer you to. Text “HELP” to my text only number: 844-394-4798 or go here: https://loribruton.com/contact/.
Here’s to your success, lighter load, more balance and living a life you love.
Did you think I meant engaged to be married? If that’s you, congratulations, you gave or received the ring. Today, I am talking about are you engaged in life?
Engaged or empty? Life is not for the faint-hearted. It can cause you to faint and want to give up. Some say keep pushing and grinding. That works for some people but for others it can literally make them sick, weak, and weary. It could be because when you give and give and give but never give to yourself, you come to a place of emptiness and no energy.
Fulfill your own needs before you fill the needs of others. Fill your cup first and serve others from the overflow. Otherwise, your cup will run dry. When your cup is dry, you thirst.
Without water, you get weak. All dried up with nothing to give leads to giving up and feeling hopeless. Maybe you no longer have the strength to fill your cup. What gives you strength? What rings true for you? Create your own bling and make your heart sing again.
One drop, just one drop can keep you going. Drink that one drop before you plop and pass out. Turn on the faucet and let the water flow. Replenish your supply.
Refresh your body and your mind and soul. You will awaken with new ideas and better ways to live a life that fulfills you. Your phone will ring because you found what excites you and rings your bell.
No more staying in bed. No more dragging yourself through each day. No more staying buried in bills and anything that is weighing you down. Take one more sip, one more step, and know your best days are ahead.
“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them” -Maya Angelou
Ask for help if doing it all yourself is too much. Often you don’t know where to get help or who to ask. Keep seeking. The help will come when you least expect it even if it hasn’t shown up yet.
It may look impossible right now. You may be waiting on promises that were made. You may be waiting on income you thought was on its way. It can seem daunting. The debts are a mountain that look insurmountable. Maybe you question whether or not you should pursue and stay the path that once was a clear direction.
I don’t know. All I know is focus on what brings you joy. Live in the moment. See yourself digging out of where you are now even if you don’t know how. Take time to pamper yourself. Have a date with yourself. Soak in the tub. Go sit by some water. Engage in activities that will spark happiness. Fill up your cup, raise your glass and toast yourself: “Cheers to you.”
You are alive and breathing. You’ve come this far. Keep going. There is more for you to do. Be excited. Even if you don’t know what that looks like, it’s okay. Trust the process. Take one day at a time, or one minute at a time, if one day is too much right now.
Look at a man the way he is and he only becomes worse, but look at him as if he were what he could be, then he becomes what he should be. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Look at yourself the way you could be. You can become that person. Don’t give up on yourself or your dreams.
Rest, read, write, pray. Everything will be okay. Stay engaged. Engage with me about your struggles, your story, your successes. Send me a message. I care. We will survive. We will thrive somehow, some way.
At any moment, urgent matters may arise. Immediate action is required. It can throw you into emotional turmoil. You may feel like life is spinning out of control. Or…
You can put your own spin on it. Choose to transform urgent matters into living life with urgency. Allow those challenges to awaken a new way and a new you.
Imagine what it looks like beyond what’s happening now. See yourself conquering every challenge. What does it feel like to get to the other side and find a way to achieve your goals and dreams?
Sometimes stress and change can knock you down, but don’t let it knock you out. Like Les Brown says, “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up.”
Your situation may seem impossible, but God has a comeback for every setback and a new beginning for every ending. –Oola
Do you feel like you’re in too deep? Overwhelm and procrastination can keep you stuck and scattered. I know saying goodbye makes me cry. There is loss but you can turn it into a gain and treasure the moments you shared with people and places. You may feel lost while you watch others succeed. You are happy for them. For you, maybe you see no way out. What’s happening in your life that feels heavy and looks impossible to handle?
Here, with me, you won’t get beaten down. This is a safe place. Has anyone ever said to you: “You’re not special,” Or “It could be worse,” Or “You’re not tough enough,” or “You can’t do that;” Really? I don’t know about you, but those words tend to be critical and discouraging not understanding and encouraging.
Let me encourage you and help you get back up with these 6 solutions:
- U = UNDERSTAND. Understand there are unprecedented times and that whatever has happened may be new to you; you’ve never experienced it before. It’s a big adjustment. You don’t have to conform but instead transform. Disregard people who compare or make it seem insignificant. It’s significant to you. As I write this, we are living in unprecedented times. Then when you add your personal circumstances it compounds. Breathe. First, just breathe. Be present in the moment. You don’t have to figure it all out right now. If one day at a time seems too much, break it down to one minute at a time. Everyone has a different pace. Honor your own pace and don’t feel pressured by anyone else. Know that you are greater than your circumstances.
- R = REST & REFLECT. Break. Take a break. Did you think I meant breakdown? That’s okay too. Shedding tears is cleansing. It’s healthy. Keeping everything inside can be toxic. Handling urgent matters may mean letting go and taking a break from other things for now, even a job. Ask yourself, “What’s most important right now?” Will you wish you worked more when you look back? Not likely. Take time to take care of you. There may be more going on than just emotions. Maybe you need to take a nap, soak in the tub, and eat good food to refuel and refresh.
- G = GIFTS. Believe. Accept the change and believe it will be okay. Get a new perspective and see the gifts this urgent matter brings. You may experience a wave of emotions and face challenges. Ride the wave. It’s okay. God promises to work everything together for good. Be grateful for the gifts.
- E = EVALUATE. Assess the situation. Explore new possibilities. What can you do to move forward? Where do you want to be? What do you want to be doing? Who do you want to do it with? Picture it in your mind. You don’t have to let any situation “infect” you and keep you feeling stuck, sad, and hopeless. Allow this new thing to “affect” you and transform you into having a better life. You get to choose. Are you living for other people and not living the life you were born to live? You were made for more.
- N = NECESSARY. It’s necessary that you work on yourself and develop yourself despite disappointments and setbacks. It’s necessary to surround yourself with quality people who believe in you and lift you higher. Remember, when things go wrong, don’t go with them as Les Brown would say. Not just when things go wrong, but when major change happens give yourself grace to shift into a new gear, adjust your sails, enjoy the new journey.
- T = TRUST. Trust the process. No matter how it looks now, know the best is just ahead. Take a risk. You don’t need to grab the next branch before letting go of the one you’re holding onto now. Don’t let yourself get buried alive. Don’t let your dreams die. Do a new thing that makes your heart sing.
There you go. Implement these 6 steps and live life with urgency. No more procrastination, settling, or giving up on your dream and the life you were born to live. No more putting off the passion that burns inside you. Maybe it’s writing a book, traveling, starting a business, speaking, creating a new invention, or moving to a different area. What is it for you?
I have a better understanding of it’s hard but worth it. You’ll be okay. Get excited and embrace new adventures. We can evaluate together if you like. We are created for a purpose. Let’s explore where you are now and where you want to be so you can get more out of your life.
Text URGENT to this text only number: 844-394-4798.
Peace and Love,
Creator of The LORI Factor, Author, Speaker &
Certified Oola Life Coach