Did you think I meant engaged to be married? If that’s you, congratulations, you gave or received the ring. Today, I am talking about are you engaged in life?
Engaged or empty? Life is not for the faint-hearted. It can cause you to faint and want to give up. Some say keep pushing and grinding. That works for some people but for others it can literally make them sick, weak, and weary. It could be because when you give and give and give but never give to yourself, you come to a place of emptiness and no energy.
Fulfill your own needs before you fill the needs of others. Fill your cup first and serve others from the overflow. Otherwise, your cup will run dry. When your cup is dry, you thirst.
Without water, you get weak. All dried up with nothing to give leads to giving up and feeling hopeless. Maybe you no longer have the strength to fill your cup. What gives you strength? What rings true for you? Create your own bling and make your heart sing again.
One drop, just one drop can keep you going. Drink that one drop before you plop and pass out. Turn on the faucet and let the water flow. Replenish your supply.
Refresh your body and your mind and soul. You will awaken with new ideas and better ways to live a life that fulfills you. Your phone will ring because you found what excites you and rings your bell.
No more staying in bed. No more dragging yourself through each day. No more staying buried in bills and anything that is weighing you down. Take one more sip, one more step, and know your best days are ahead.
“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them” -Maya Angelou
Ask for help if doing it all yourself is too much. Often you don’t know where to get help or who to ask. Keep seeking. The help will come when you least expect it even if it hasn’t shown up yet.
It may look impossible right now. You may be waiting on promises that were made. You may be waiting on income you thought was on its way. It can seem daunting. The debts are a mountain that look insurmountable. Maybe you question whether or not you should pursue and stay the path that once was a clear direction.
I don’t know. All I know is focus on what brings you joy. Live in the moment. See yourself digging out of where you are now even if you don’t know how. Take time to pamper yourself. Have a date with yourself. Soak in the tub. Go sit by some water. Engage in activities that will spark happiness. Fill up your cup, raise your glass and toast yourself: “Cheers to you.”
You are alive and breathing. You’ve come this far. Keep going. There is more for you to do. Be excited. Even if you don’t know what that looks like, it’s okay. Trust the process. Take one day at a time, or one minute at a time, if one day is too much right now.
Look at a man the way he is and he only becomes worse, but look at him as if he were what he could be, then he becomes what he should be. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Look at yourself the way you could be. You can become that person. Don’t give up on yourself or your dreams.
Rest, read, write, pray. Everything will be okay. Stay engaged. Engage with me about your struggles, your story, your successes. Send me a message. I care. We will survive. We will thrive somehow, some way.
At any moment, urgent matters may arise. Immediate action is required. It can throw you into emotional turmoil. You may feel like life is spinning out of control. Or…
You can put your own spin on it. Choose to transform urgent matters into living life with urgency. Allow those challenges to awaken a new way and a new you.
Imagine what it looks like beyond what’s happening now. See yourself conquering every challenge. What does it feel like to get to the other side and find a way to achieve your goals and dreams?
Sometimes stress and change can knock you down, but don’t let it knock you out. Like Les Brown says, “When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up.”
Your situation may seem impossible, but God has a comeback for every setback and a new beginning for every ending. –Oola
Do you feel like you’re in too deep? Overwhelm and procrastination can keep you stuck and scattered. I know saying goodbye makes me cry. There is loss but you can turn it into a gain and treasure the moments you shared with people and places. You may feel lost while you watch others succeed. You are happy for them. For you, maybe you see no way out. What’s happening in your life that feels heavy and looks impossible to handle?
Here, with me, you won’t get beaten down. This is a safe place. Has anyone ever said to you: “You’re not special,” Or “It could be worse,” Or “You’re not tough enough,” or “You can’t do that;” Really? I don’t know about you, but those words tend to be critical and discouraging not understanding and encouraging.
Let me encourage you and help you get back up with these 6 solutions:
- U = UNDERSTAND. Understand there are unprecedented times and that whatever has happened may be new to you; you’ve never experienced it before. It’s a big adjustment. You don’t have to conform but instead transform. Disregard people who compare or make it seem insignificant. It’s significant to you. As I write this, we are living in unprecedented times. Then when you add your personal circumstances it compounds. Breathe. First, just breathe. Be present in the moment. You don’t have to figure it all out right now. If one day at a time seems too much, break it down to one minute at a time. Everyone has a different pace. Honor your own pace and don’t feel pressured by anyone else. Know that you are greater than your circumstances.
- R = REST & REFLECT. Break. Take a break. Did you think I meant breakdown? That’s okay too. Shedding tears is cleansing. It’s healthy. Keeping everything inside can be toxic. Handling urgent matters may mean letting go and taking a break from other things for now, even a job. Ask yourself, “What’s most important right now?” Will you wish you worked more when you look back? Not likely. Take time to take care of you. There may be more going on than just emotions. Maybe you need to take a nap, soak in the tub, and eat good food to refuel and refresh.
- G = GIFTS. Believe. Accept the change and believe it will be okay. Get a new perspective and see the gifts this urgent matter brings. You may experience a wave of emotions and face challenges. Ride the wave. It’s okay. God promises to work everything together for good. Be grateful for the gifts.
- E = EVALUATE. Assess the situation. Explore new possibilities. What can you do to move forward? Where do you want to be? What do you want to be doing? Who do you want to do it with? Picture it in your mind. You don’t have to let any situation “infect” you and keep you feeling stuck, sad, and hopeless. Allow this new thing to “affect” you and transform you into having a better life. You get to choose. Are you living for other people and not living the life you were born to live? You were made for more.
- N = NECESSARY. It’s necessary that you work on yourself and develop yourself despite disappointments and setbacks. It’s necessary to surround yourself with quality people who believe in you and lift you higher. Remember, when things go wrong, don’t go with them as Les Brown would say. Not just when things go wrong, but when major change happens give yourself grace to shift into a new gear, adjust your sails, enjoy the new journey.
- T = TRUST. Trust the process. No matter how it looks now, know the best is just ahead. Take a risk. You don’t need to grab the next branch before letting go of the one you’re holding onto now. Don’t let yourself get buried alive. Don’t let your dreams die. Do a new thing that makes your heart sing.
There you go. Implement these 6 steps and live life with urgency. No more procrastination, settling, or giving up on your dream and the life you were born to live. No more putting off the passion that burns inside you. Maybe it’s writing a book, traveling, starting a business, speaking, creating a new invention, or moving to a different area. What is it for you?
I have a better understanding of it’s hard but worth it. You’ll be okay. Get excited and embrace new adventures. We can evaluate together if you like. We are created for a purpose. Let’s explore where you are now and where you want to be so you can get more out of your life.
Text URGENT to this text only number: 844-394-4798.
Peace and Love,
Creator of The LORI Factor, Author, Speaker &
Certified Oola Life Coach
Join me on my journey. If you read my book, you know I almost wasn’t alive to tell my story and continue my journey. My path led me to Oola, which is a state of awesomeness and having balance and growing in 7 key areas of life.
The next leg of my journey led me to develop The LORI Factor, which I will reveal at a later time. Today, I am sharing My Oola Story with you.
I got to write a blog on the Oola platform. It is now officially published.
Let me share it with you. Click here.
Enjoy this Lori Story. Thanks for reading. Be filled with faith, hope, and love.
“Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you’ll still be among the stars.”
Even through the good, the bad, and the ugly, look at life as one adventure after another. It’s all part of your story. It would be my pleasure to hear about your journey and how I can help along the way.
As I write this, today is my son’s birthday. Joseph David born November 8th. He and his brother were the best gifts I ever received. He is destined for greatness.
I am talking about one of the 7 F’s of Oola–Family.
Family is of high value to me. I am thankful I got to spend time with my son and daughter-in-law today. They add so much meaning to my life. I am blessed.
What’s Oola? It’s a state of awesomeness when your life is balanced and growing in 7 key areas of life (Fitness, Finance, Family, Field, Faith, Friends, and Fun).
Today’s birthday celebration added another “F” of Oola–Fun. It’s important to take time for fun. Fun with family was a double blessing. In fact, it was a beautiful fall day beaming with sunshine and we cooked on the grill. I love the taste of food cooked on charcoal. It was completed with a sweet treat. What a lovely day!
The number 8 is significant. It’s the meaning of new beginnings and renewal. What new things are happening in your life? Or what new beginnings are you hoping to see? What’s important to you?
The flow of number 8 represents the infinity symbol. Let your life flow naturally in the direction you desire. It won’t be a straight line, but a path with some detours. See the detours as adventures that bring you to unexpected places. Those places are just where you are meant to be. Take the risk of doing new things. You never know what you may discover about yourself.
When you look at the 7 key areas of your life that I mentioned above, how are you doing? Which areas are flowing and growing, and which ones are unbalanced and slowing you down? We all have struggles and challenges. Together, we can help each other get in a better place.
Think of each “F” as a spoke on a wheel. Some may be broken or have a hitch right now. Your wheel doesn’t roll smoothly, does it? I have a framework I can guide you through. It starts with where you are now and shows you how to get where you want to be.
It will get you rolling down your desired path.
Ready, Set, Go! Here is a free gift to start your transformation adventure: http://bit.ly/3stepTransform
When you’re ready to shift into a higher gear, go here: https://www.liveoola.com/?ref=4e7de7 Let’s ride down the highway together.
I celebrate you. Remember, you have greatness in you. Do what you came here to do. Let me know how things are going and how I can help. Keep in touch.